Musings of a Bibliomaniac

Goodreads immigrant. Another victim of corporate tyranny. I blog at Musings of a Bibliomaniac along with my co-blogger Scarlet.

Cry Wolf - Patricia Briggs This is the first book of the spin-off series based on the Mercedes Thompson series clearly written for the purpose of cashing in on the success of the latter but as must be obvious, it is not as enjoyable. We have very few characters aside from the protagonists (Charles and Anna) who again are not as interesting as Mercy, Adam and Samuel or even Ben, Warren, Stefan, Kyle, Zee, Jesse, Gabriel, Tony and the rest. The only good thing about this book is that it gives us a peek into the past of the mysterious Bran, the Marrok, and what he hides underneath that amused, cheerful facade of his. The last part of the novel dragged very badly with little to no plot development and scenes from the climax were rather yawn-inducing than exciting in my opinion. Worse of all, Charles and Anna's love story lacks passion and isn't enough to keep the reader's interest intact. Lastly, the ending was abrupt and highly unsatisfying. Although I was rather glad that it had finally ended.

Edisto